Chapter 2 - 25
October 27th, 2010, 12:26 pm
------ Jump To ------
#59 - Chapter 2 - 01
#60 - Chapter 2 - 02
#61 - Chapter 2 - 03
#62 - Chapter 2 - 04
#63 - Chapter 2 - 05
#64 - Chapter 2 - 06
#65 - Chapter 2 - 07
#66 - Chapter 2 - 08
#67 - Chapter 2 - 09
#68 - Chapter 2 - 10
#69 - Chapter 2 - 11
#70 - Chapter 2 - 12
#71 - Chapter 2 - 13
#72 - Chapter 2 - 14
#73 - Chapter 2 - 15
#74 - Chapter 2 - 16
#75 - Chapter 2 - 17
#76 - Chapter 2 - 18
#77 - Chapter 2 - 19
#78 - Chapter 2 - 20
#79 - Chapter 2 - 21
#80 - Chapter 2 - 22
#81 - Chapter 2 - 23
#82 - Chapter 2 - 24
#83 - Chapter 2 - 25
#84 - Chapter 2 - 26
#85 - Chapter 2 - 27
#86 - Chapter 2 - 28
#87 - Chapter 2 - 29
#88 - Chapter 2 - 30
#89 - Chapter 2 - 31
#90 - Chapter 2 - 32
#91 - Chapter 2 - 33
#92 - Chapter 2 - 34
From the Author
October 27th, 2010, 2:58 pm
Yes! Another page! And---er, no, there won't be a transformation match between Hotaru and Naoki in this story. Y-You guys all know how much I love disappointing you, right? Right... T^T
has been updated with Naoki's profile! Now go read up on your favorite tanuki! Oh, and "Naoki" literally translates to "honest tree."
Also, it's been about a year since I started drawing Hotarugari on November 1st of 2009, but if I continue at the pace that I am, this comic series won’t be done for another 2 years, and I don’t know about you, but I seriously can’t wait that long to find out if Yumi ever gets to see Ina or not. So! Time to get serious! >:3 Updates for Hotarugari will now be twice a week again, maybe three times if I can manage it. Also, you might see a decrease in the art quality. I’m going to be cutting down on backgrounds on pages that don’t need them, (as you can see I’ve already started with the last two pages!) so that I can draw this comic faster and more efficiently.
- Thank you, my darling!!!
- Thank you! OMG, thank you so much! ;u; That' makes me so happy knowing you guys will wait for me!
- Chya, bro, it's gonna be like this all the time now! And thanks! I love the first panel too. Haha, Hotaru looks a little crazy in that one, but that's why I like it. XD Now you got to wonder; will Hotaru ever approve of being called Hotaru?
- Thanks! All the names that are chosen for this comic have special meanings, so it's fun trying to find a name for the characters. It's a bit hard to choose sometimes, so I'm glad Naoki fits him! Actually, Naoki was given a human name by a woman he knows. She named him since she treats him like a pet tanuki, but unlike Hotaru, Naoki comes and goes as he pleases.
And thanks so much for asking first! I really appreciate it.
- Haha, now and forever!
- See? He just wants to stand out from the rest. But Yumi won't let him! And yeah, Naoki is my favorite too! X3
- Thank you so much! <3 LOL, and that's good! If you didn't notice the lack of backgrounds, them that means I can save time and focus drawing the characters!
- Hotaru is pretty stubborn about this, but we'll see who wins in the end! XD
- You're so nice! Thank you~! I means so much for me to hear that.
- Thank youuu! >w<
- It was a little old lady who named him. She lost her son, and his name was Naoki, so she named him that. It's not mentioned in the comic, but I always make up the back stories. X3
- It still makes me laugh too. XD
- Haha, glad you think so!
- Yeah, Hotaru likes Yuka, but Yuka likes Naoki, and Hotaru has never been able to forgive him for stealing her away. (LOL, even though it's not Naoki's fault girls are attracted to him!) On top of that, Naoki is the best at transforming, and Hotaru is the worst, (As you noticed, Hotaru's tail hasn't even split yet! Talk about pathetic!) so there's an eternal rivalry going on between them, but it's mainly from Hotaru's perspective. XD
- I did too, and then this page with them saying their names came up, and I just couldn't resist!
- Yes! Yumi is a nice girl, but she's just not nice to Hotaru. XD And thanks! I like his name too! And yeah, Hotaru knows it's useless to keep arguing about his name, but he still really wants to be called Steve!
Naoki is the coolest, right? He's practically a prince! But he's not so fond of the girl who's in love with him. XD And yeah, backgrounds are so troublesome! Oh, and thanks for the comment!
- Steve is such a superior name! But it's too bad Yumi will never acknowledge that. XD
- Hey there! No problem, man! I love your comic tons! And I'm glad you're enjoying mine too! Thanks for the follow and the awesome comment too! :D
- Thanks so much! Naoki is my favorite character in this comic, so I'm really happy people like him! And Yuka appears in Chapter 4, so you'll get to see the girl these two are fighting over. She's not nearly as nice or as kind as Naoki, though. XD
- Haha, thanks! XD
November 19th, 2017, 9:40 pm
Leave a Comment
October 27th, 2010, 3:09 pm
He is just to adorable!!!
October 27th, 2010, 3:12 pm
AW! Naoki! Too cute! I wouldn't mind following you for two years, you take your time m'kay?
October 27th, 2010, 3:30 pm
another page so soon. *p* what is this madness? n' fdskjg oh man. that first panel is gorgeous. i really love the expressions n' poses. /hee oh Hotaru. give it up. Yumi will never approve of calling you Steve.
October 27th, 2010, 3:31 pm
October 27th, 2010, 4:02 pm
Naoki that is actually a very fitting name for a Tanuki in my opinion. But for him to be named he have to be (Or had been) in the same boat as Hotaru right?
At reply to on last comic: I see that's too bad but hey at least its better to ask and get turn down rather then posting a link anyway and having the author mad at you.
October 27th, 2010, 4:27 pm
XDD Haha he still wants to be Steve!
October 27th, 2010, 5:18 pm
she should have named him steeve, that would sound totally awesome surrounded by all those japaneese names xD oh steeve<3
but I still love Naoki the best x3!
October 27th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Naoki!! =D yay for Naoki!
October 27th, 2010, 7:09 pm
Love Hotaru's face in the last panel! XD AMAZING job as always~! I actually didn't notice the disappearing background... T^T Probably cuz the way you draw your characters makes up for it! (Steve) <- XD
October 27th, 2010, 7:21 pm
*snorts* ...Steve... >w< *snickers*
Exposed to too much contact across the Pacific Ocean, Hotaru?
October 27th, 2010, 8:08 pm
lol two years is fine with me, honestly.
Aww, adding Naoki to my fave characters~
October 27th, 2010, 9:05 pm
Love this comic!XD
October 27th, 2010, 9:35 pm
HAHAHA steve ^^
October 27th, 2010, 9:52 pm
Ooh, Naoki. I wonder who named him.
October 27th, 2010, 9:54 pm
October 28th, 2010, 12:22 am
@ Steve in 3rd panel: Yes it does! >:(
October 28th, 2010, 1:33 am
so waite D: steve and the naoki are rivals right? becuz steve likes a girl and the girl likes him? :I and hes weak cuz hes a 1 tailed kitsu and hes mr i can do anything better then you can xD god i hope the girl is realy worth fighting for sinse steve thinks naoki is just evil :I
October 28th, 2010, 5:11 am
Oh, goodness... I forgot he wanted to be called Steve until just now, haha. XD
October 28th, 2010, 7:22 am
Ohhh Yumi is so sweet here~ She is trully a nice person!And Naoki is such a great name!I like it so much>w<~ XD And the last panel is just so funny >w< Hotaru gives up so early this time, but he just know is useless >.> . Oh and I've rode Naoki's profile : Whoaa *o* He is so cooland they fought for a girl as well?Whoa~ I bet she is also a nice person( *v* ).Oh, and if you get problems with the background, why don't you search for an editor or ..how they are named >,<; ?Anyway I am really happy that you will update even more~ But also take care of you >u<~
October 28th, 2010, 11:49 am
I don't care what thers say. No matter what, in my heart, I will always know Hotaru as Steve.
October 29th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Heya! Thanks for passin' thru' my comic, I gotta say, your comic is also amazing, a must follow. =)
October 31st, 2010, 1:45 pm
November 6th, 2010, 3:53 pm
STEVE = NAME OF EPIC MANLINESS.
So, in a sense, it doesn't fit Hotaru. *brick'd*
November 8th, 2010, 5:21 pm
December 16th, 2012, 9:23 am
XD hahahahaa!!! steve!!!!
Leave a Comment