Chapter 3 - 03
February 1st, 2011, 10:46 pm
------ Jump To ------
#93 - Chapter 3 - 01
#94 - Chapter 3 - 02
#95 - Chapter 3 - 03
#96 - Chapter 3 - 04
#97 - Chapter 3 - 05
#98 - Chapter 3 - 06
#99 - Chapter 3 - 07
#100 - Chapter 3 - 08
#101 - Chapter 3 - 09
#102 - Chapter 3 - 10
#103 - Chapter 3 - 11
#104 - Chapter 3 - 12
#105 - Chapter 3 - 13
#106 - Chapter 3 - 14
#107 - Chapter 3 - 15
#108 - Chapter 3 - 16
#109 - Chapter 3 - 17
#110 - Chapter 3 - 18
#111 - Chapter 3 - 19
#112 - Chapter 3 - 20
#113 - Chapter 3 - 21
#114 - Chapter 3 - 22
#115 - Chapter 3 - 23
#116 - Chapter 3 - 24
#117 - Chapter 3 - 25
#118 - Chapter 3 - 26
#119 - Chapter 3 - 27
#120 - Chapter 3 - 28 & 29
#121 - Chapter 3 - 30
#122 - Chapter 3 - 31
#123 - Chapter 3 - 32
#124 - Chapter 3 - 33
#125 - Chapter 3 - 34
#126 - Chapter 3 - 35
#127 - Chapter 3 - 36
#128 - Chapter 3 - 37
#129 - Chapter 3 - 38
#130 - Chapter 3 - 39
#131 - Chapter 3 - 40
From the Author
February 1st, 2011, 10:50 pm
And this is one of the reasons I named this comic Hotarugari! (Hotarugari is Japanese for “firefly catching”) I bet you all thought it had to do with some girly fox kid.
Wow, that was the longest unannounced break I’ve ever taken from Hotarugari. I feel bad about it. D: I'll try to make it up to you guys!
Thanks again for all fans and your support! It really means a lot to me.
- Haha, honestly, in the beginning, the title really had nothing to do with anything, but as I developed the comic, I tied more of the title's meaning into Yumi's story, since she was the only main character for the longest time. But Hotaru has somehow become an equal part of this, and his name works with the title too, so how it relates is up to the reader in the end. ;)
And yeppers! That's her little bro!
- Yeah! That's her bro! Ain't he cute?
I really like how the title can relate to either Hotaru or Yumi, but I wanted to let you guys know that originally, it was ALL about Yumi. XD
- That makes sense too! And it actually works better that way! :)
- Oh, I know! So many issues can arise out of no where! I had no idea webcomickers had it so rough until I became one, haha! And thank you very much! I feel much better now.
- Wow, you have a good memory! And yeah, haha, it's not until the 3rd chapter of this comic that we learn why this comic is called what it is. And thank you very much as always, Chi~! <3
- Really? Thanks! I kind of wanted him to have a plainer design than the others since he only appears in this one scene, but I didn't want him too boring, either. I hope I found a good balance!
And thanks as always, man. ;u;
- ...Because this story is corny like that, LOL. And I just love corny!
- Oh my! This should make you dislike the hebi even more knowing that they're pretty much the bad guys in this comic! XD
Haha, me too! Me too!
- Don't worry! You can find the meanings to all the Japanese words used in this comic here:
- Thanks! >v< I really like drawing him. But you're right. You guys know manga too well!
- YAY~! I was wondering if anyone would notice. You must have very good eyes! :D I gave Makoto similar features to Hotaru to hopefully help readers understand why Yumi sees Hotaru like her little brother. (It actually pains Yumi at first at how much the two are alike, but it's eventually the reason she is able to accept and befriend Hotaru so quickly.) Although, haha, Makoto is definitely a bit more chipper and has a WAY better haircut. XD
January 20th, 2018, 1:22 am
Leave a Comment
February 1st, 2011, 11:02 pm
...Okay, I give. I thought just that-I was sure that the title had something to do with the girly fox kid. D: I feel so deceived >;o
Also, is this Yumi's brother? =)
February 1st, 2011, 11:05 pm
He is adorable.
February 2nd, 2011, 12:03 am
is that her brother? O:
Yeah...=.=' I thought it had to do with the girly fox kid, too.. heh heh...
February 2nd, 2011, 1:06 am
well, I was fooled too. D: I even knew what it meant. I thought cause y'know she caught the fox kid and his name was hotaru so y'now, firefly catching...
February 2nd, 2011, 1:15 am
Don't be, we've all done it from one time or another. Writer's block, computer issues, or just plain life: the things that plague us webcomickers on a daily basis. I feel your pain. haha
February 2nd, 2011, 5:28 am
I knew it! I KNEW IT XD! yay >v< ~ Well you see- I remembered the time where you said something about your concepts of hotarugari ,and also that you had some other story that yumi's brother is locked in...hotaru's body?=A=;; err..or something like that... and so I knew! It has to do with yumi's lil bro OvO ~
Ooohh~ "firefly catching" that reminds me of the title of the comi--- *reads the "author comments" .....so yeah...>.>;; XD .
And aw- yumi's brother is so cute >w<~~ Yes! How can she say no to this cute lil boy *u* ~
Aw, sal- your comic is full of awesome characters \>v</ ~
February 2nd, 2011, 6:45 am
February 2nd, 2011, 7:06 am
aww he looks really cute. I do love his hair a lot. n' the way that jar is positioned in panel two is great. the shading to it as well.
I don't think we mind the break. take as long as you wish.
February 2nd, 2011, 8:30 am
What an adorable little brother~!
February 2nd, 2011, 9:03 am
...Why do I get the feeling that he dies a horrible death later on in this dream/flashback?
February 2nd, 2011, 9:07 am
Awwwww! he's soooo cute! xD
February 2nd, 2011, 9:53 am
hebi brings back horrible memories
w-when i was taking my japanese test i was so excited cuz i just knew i got 'hebi' right...but...but...but sensei marked it wrong D:
anyways, adorable~! id totally skip saving people to catch fireflies with him!
February 2nd, 2011, 2:55 pm
Hebi are............uummm...pandas, right?
NO! Wait!... no
...where can I look for this kind of info? :/
EDIT: hebi = snake? oh right, from late last chapter. How the heck'd I forget that!?
in any case, I definitely see the title going both ways.
February 2nd, 2011, 8:21 pm
omg i love your stlye of drawing so much XDD
February 3rd, 2011, 10:56 am
No words can describe how cute that lil' boy is. :3
But, knowing manga, some terrible fate prob'ly awaits him. T^T
February 3rd, 2011, 6:26 pm
awwww her brother is so cute <333
February 3rd, 2011, 11:51 pm
He looks alot like Hotaru to me.. I dunno.. But not when he's smiling cause Hotaru doesn't seem to smile that happily... Except when he's ringing bells~
February 4th, 2011, 1:47 pm
I KNOW WHAT HEBI IS, I DO I DO. Henge tho... I fail.
aww, I can see this kid is a goner, huh? (I might be wrong, but I know she has a sad past, SO IM GUESSING THIS IS HER BROTHER AND HE IS GONNA MAKE US CRY. D: )
I actually didn't think it had to do with a girly fox thing... I might have read it in an authors comment, or maybe we were talking somewhere else, but I remember something you said about her past that had to do with firefly catching. and plus, when she insisted that steve's name be "Hotaru", I knew there was something behind it. ITS SO DEEP.
I can't wait for more! but please dont feel rushed :)
February 10th, 2011, 3:53 pm
LOL I thought that was the raccoon at first.
Leave a Comment