Chapter 3 - 11
May 7th, 2011, 6:14 pm
------ Jump To ------
#93 - Chapter 3 - 01
#94 - Chapter 3 - 02
#95 - Chapter 3 - 03
#96 - Chapter 3 - 04
#97 - Chapter 3 - 05
#98 - Chapter 3 - 06
#99 - Chapter 3 - 07
#100 - Chapter 3 - 08
#101 - Chapter 3 - 09
#102 - Chapter 3 - 10
#103 - Chapter 3 - 11
#104 - Chapter 3 - 12
#105 - Chapter 3 - 13
#106 - Chapter 3 - 14
#107 - Chapter 3 - 15
#108 - Chapter 3 - 16
#109 - Chapter 3 - 17
#110 - Chapter 3 - 18
#111 - Chapter 3 - 19
#112 - Chapter 3 - 20
#113 - Chapter 3 - 21
#114 - Chapter 3 - 22
#115 - Chapter 3 - 23
#116 - Chapter 3 - 24
#117 - Chapter 3 - 25
#118 - Chapter 3 - 26
#119 - Chapter 3 - 27
#120 - Chapter 3 - 28 & 29
#121 - Chapter 3 - 30
#122 - Chapter 3 - 31
#123 - Chapter 3 - 32
#124 - Chapter 3 - 33
#125 - Chapter 3 - 34
#126 - Chapter 3 - 35
#127 - Chapter 3 - 36
#128 - Chapter 3 - 37
#129 - Chapter 3 - 38
#130 - Chapter 3 - 39
#131 - Chapter 3 - 40
From the Author
May 7th, 2011, 6:55 pm
Whew, what a nightmare! This is the saddest part of Hotarugari, I think, (and probably the most cliché, XP) but it's important in understanding Yumi and her story. That ends this scene, though.
And thanks goes out to my sister for her help and support on this! And you guys for being such awesome fans!!
P.S. Quick question to all you Hotarugari fans out there:
What kind of bonus material would you like to see for Hotarugari?
- Early development sketches and concepts? Q&A for the author/characters of Hotarugari? The history of Hotarugari? All of the above if possible? Let me hear your thoughts and suggestions, please! ;D
- Thanks, man! As sad as this page was, I had a lot of fun drawing it. :)
- Yeah, he's gone. For a while, I was actually going to show Makoto's dead body, but I thought the broken jar would be more impacting.
- Because I'm cruel! >v<
- Yeah, I was suprised how many including you already knew Makoto was doomed as soon as I introduced him. Hopefully that prepared you guys for this. <:D
- Aww, thank you! Even though Hotarugari is a corny comic, I'm glad to see even the cliche parts have some impact. (And I like your screen name, by the way!)
- That's right! Although Miyu's full name is Miyuki, the similiarity between her and Yumi is even show in their names. Names hold a lot of meaning in this comic. :D
- Thanks! It seems like the majority concurs! Then developement stuff is definitely going to be included! Thanks for your answer!
- Aww! Don't cry! This all has it's purpose in the end. TuT
- Haha, thanks! And of course! When I do the Q&A, you guys are definitely going to have to provide the questions! ;)
- Yeah, you have to be careful about that! Even I tend to leak a bit of the Hotarugari story through comments and replies, so it's best not to read them if you don't want spoilers!
And thanks! The history would include information about the world of Hotarugari, the people and animals that live there, and laws that I wasn't able to include in the comic. :)
- I know, right? ;^; So sad...
- Haha, me too! Angst is where it's at! XD
And yeah, the pain, the regret, wondering if it could have been different... I think this is something we can all relate to in some way.
- Ah, I'm so pleased to see this is giving everyone so much emotion! It's something I alawys strive for in my work. Thanks for such an awesome comment, renchikolul!
- Thanks so much! It's really good to hear someone isn't angry at Yumi, since I know most will be.
And double thanks! Even with a corny story like Hotarugari, I'm try to present it well! :D
- Thanks, megami23! Ironically, when I first started this comic, I couldn't draw fire very well! But after all the Hotarugari pages that required it, it's good to see I've improved.
- Haha, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! It had to happen!
But yeah, poor, cute, kid... T__T
- Yeah! It's total devastation! Not only did Yumi lose her brother, she lost her home, too.
- Darn right! Spending time with those you love is the most important. <3
September 20th, 2019, 2:22 pm
Leave a Comment
May 7th, 2011, 7:19 pm
I want all of the above. n' I just love yumi's face is all of the panels. it's intense.
May 7th, 2011, 7:24 pm
So he DID die....
I'd like to see development sketches and a Q&A, yes. 8D
May 7th, 2011, 7:27 pm
All the Above
ANd why did you made the kid die, you cruel author!! T_T
May 7th, 2011, 7:37 pm
YES! HE DIED! I TOTALLY CALLED IT!
*Notices horrified stares*
May 7th, 2011, 7:58 pm
even if it is totally cliched, it's always sad somehow T_T
all of the above!
early develpoment sketches are the most interesting for me though~
May 7th, 2011, 7:59 pm
Yumi and Miyu....They have the same letters! :o
May 7th, 2011, 9:18 pm
Development stuff! I really love to see how characters and such have changed during the process....
May 7th, 2011, 9:45 pm
May 7th, 2011, 9:46 pm
May 7th, 2011, 9:49 pm
All of the above!
AWWWWW! I totally saw this coming, and was like: "You know he's dead...you know he's dead..." trying to prepare for it cause I didn't want to cry....but...it didn't work. -sob-
May 7th, 2011, 10:46 pm
All of the above, no question :) Also if you make a Q&A, you're going to let us provide the questions, right? :)
May 7th, 2011, 11:46 pm
The comments for the last few pages messed with my reading the story! I had to forget about them to feel the full force of tragedy! :(
@ Sakqia: u no wut, your rite. whi would I want to be sad? O___o
The first two, unless the history thing has secrets that wont be revealed in the actual story.
May 8th, 2011, 9:24 am
T^T Baw...you had to know it was gonna happen, but it's still pretty damn sad...
May 8th, 2011, 9:33 am
ALL THE ANGST. THE ANGST.
AAAMG THE ANGST.;;
...Sorry. I'm a sucker for angsty stuff~~
And ikr? It's so amazing how you realize "If I did this, that might have happened instead of this." ...Sad.
May 8th, 2011, 11:16 am
Wow i can feel the pain it reminds me of the day my sister abandon us. LIke Makoto i was dead but on the inside maybe that why i feel so make anger toward Yumi. WOW serious if can make me a viewer feel that kind of emotion towards your art toward an imaginary chharacter than your AMAZING!!!
May 8th, 2011, 11:27 am
Aw.Poor cute little Makoto...
I find myself unable to be angry at Yumi right now, though.
Cliche or not, it was executed well.
May 8th, 2011, 12:51 pm
May 8th, 2011, 3:12 pm
Early development sketches would be really cool 8D
And aaw, poor Makoto ;__; He died while being mad at his sister. I wonder what happened in the village, though...
Ah, and you draw fire so realistically~
May 8th, 2011, 6:28 pm
D: why must the good die young!!!
May 8th, 2011, 8:06 pm
GOD-DAMNIT THIS MADE ME SAD. You RUINED my DAY. *shot*
I'm sorry, I can't stand it when a little manga kid dies, it's always very sad. TT^TT
OH! Bonus material! All of the above! *crazed smile*
May 9th, 2011, 1:44 pm
such tragedy OTL noooooo
May 10th, 2011, 9:53 am
; - ; poor yumi
and poor makoto ,
and the poor village too
Oh oh~ the concept art *U* !
May 11th, 2011, 3:06 pm
Moral of the story: Play with your siblings or they will die.
May 12th, 2011, 12:29 am
^I'm sure that would be happy news to some.
May 13th, 2011, 6:41 pm
so sad :(
May 25th, 2011, 4:44 pm
omg so sad QAQ
May 26th, 2011, 10:14 am
It may be cliche, but it's totally sad. :(
June 10th, 2011, 9:56 pm
Just started reading this and so far it is so good!
Love the character dynamics.
July 1st, 2011, 5:24 pm
wow...she blames herself from his death, trust me i know that feeling
August 4th, 2011, 1:42 pm
August 21st, 2011, 8:48 pm
April 25th, 2012, 1:43 am
NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOB SOB SOB
April 25th, 2012, 1:44 am
NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOB SOB SOB
March 9th, 2013, 9:30 pm
I guess she did end up catching a firefly, since she caught Hotaru who's name means firefly oAo i made a connection that was probably not right
Leave a Comment