Chapter 3 - 12
July 9th, 2011, 6:25 pm
------ Jump To ------
#93 - Chapter 3 - 01
#94 - Chapter 3 - 02
#95 - Chapter 3 - 03
#96 - Chapter 3 - 04
#97 - Chapter 3 - 05
#98 - Chapter 3 - 06
#99 - Chapter 3 - 07
#100 - Chapter 3 - 08
#101 - Chapter 3 - 09
#102 - Chapter 3 - 10
#103 - Chapter 3 - 11
#104 - Chapter 3 - 12
#105 - Chapter 3 - 13
#106 - Chapter 3 - 14
#107 - Chapter 3 - 15
#108 - Chapter 3 - 16
#109 - Chapter 3 - 17
#110 - Chapter 3 - 18
#111 - Chapter 3 - 19
#112 - Chapter 3 - 20
#113 - Chapter 3 - 21
#114 - Chapter 3 - 22
#115 - Chapter 3 - 23
#116 - Chapter 3 - 24
#117 - Chapter 3 - 25
#118 - Chapter 3 - 26
#119 - Chapter 3 - 27
#120 - Chapter 3 - 28 & 29
#121 - Chapter 3 - 30
#122 - Chapter 3 - 31
#123 - Chapter 3 - 32
#124 - Chapter 3 - 33
#125 - Chapter 3 - 34
#126 - Chapter 3 - 35
#127 - Chapter 3 - 36
#128 - Chapter 3 - 37
#129 - Chapter 3 - 38
#130 - Chapter 3 - 39
#131 - Chapter 3 - 40
From the Author
July 9th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Thank you SO much for waiting! Now back to this comic!
The nightmare is over, but the flashbacks aren't! I'm really looking forward to what's to come in this comic, and I hope all of you are too. Now if only I could draw pages faster... Updates are back to being regular, though!
The first four panels of this page were drawn before I left for Japan, and the rest when I got back. I notice a change in my style, but I wonder if anyone else can...? :0
Question: Are you an artist as well?
- I'm curious as to how many fans of Hotarugari like to draw too. And even if you don't draw, would you be interested in seeing the process of creating a Hotarugari page? Might add that as an extra for the printed copies of Hotarugari. ;)
- Haha, yay! I'm glad! With this being my first comic, I experiment a lot, but I'd be happy to share my creation process. :D
- No, thank YOU for reading it! You are too wonderful!
- Thank you! It's good to be back!
- I know. So depressing! Most of my character's backstories are, (because I rather enjoy tragedies,) but all of them have happy endings.
And you're right in your assumption! The reason Yumi named the kitsune she caught "Hotaru" does correlate with her past, and really has nothing to do with the reasons she initially gave him.
- Thank you, Airse~! <3 I'll start working on that right away! I can't wait to show you how I work. >w<
- And I missed you guys and updating this comic! I'm so happy to be back. Also, thanks for the feedback! I'm the same way; draw, eat, sleep. That's all I do!
- Thanks! I'd be happy to show it to you then. If you still have quesitons, I'd be my pleasure to answer them!
- Ooh, that's so awesome! When you start your comic, let me know! I want to read it! And I'll make sure to explain my process step by step so you can see how I work!
- Thank you, thank you! ;//u//; That's so good to hear. I know my style has been rather inconsitent throughout Hotarugari, but hopefully I'm improving. And thank you times two! My heart swells hearing you enjoy this so much! I wish I could update all the time just for you! <333
- Thank you, Ai~!! You're always so sweet! Ganbarimasu~! >w<
- It's so awesome to see fellow artists reading my comic! Your art is so cool! And I'm glad the change is a subtle one. Thank you!
- Thanks! I actually hope to do a livestream someday but most likely not of my comic pages since I always work on various different things at the same time, (which is probably why it takes me so long to complete anything. XD) but definitely, livestream in the future!
- Heehee, of course! And as a fellow artist, I want to share my drawing process with you~!
And yes, I do speak Japanese, but not fluently. ^^;
- I'm so glad! Thank you!
- Haha, I know! LOOK AT THAT DOOR! And thanks~! Your wonderful comments never cease! TwT That last panel was my favorite too. It's that kind of moment in the story that makes me really enjoy the pacing of this comic. Although my mom would definitely say otherwise. She says I'm going too slow, but I'll take your advice and not stress about it. XD
- I am! And it's great to be back, Nova! :D
Ooh, and I enjoy your comics so much~! It's so awesome to see you reading mine! I'll show you my process, then!
- Yay! Awesome! I'll get right on it!
- Oh my, thank you so much for such a fantastic comment! It's really great to hear you're enjoying the story and the artwork of Hotarugari. Especially in aspects like backgrounds and composition. Even though details like that often go unoticed, they are what I enjoy the most!
And knowing you're an artist too and interested in my drawing process, I'll definitely show my WIPs for you!
- Thank you, thank you! It may be a very long process, but I'd be happy to show it to you all!
- Ah, welcome aboard! It's always great to see new readers commenting! And that's so cool you guys have nicknames like that! A neko does in fact show up in the story, LOL.
And thank you! Hotaru's "tail" ponytail is probably what I enjoy most about his design! Glad you like it, too.
And double thank you! I'm glad you're interested!
- Aww, you! You're always making me smile with your comments! You're too kind! And yeah, I'm not sure when they'll be ready, but printed copies of Hotarugari are happening! With extra material, too! It's going to be hard not to share all of that extra stuff with you guys here, though.
- Yay! Then I hope seeing my process will help you out!
- What a cool screen name! And thanks! So happy you enjoy it.
- Wow! That's good to hear! I usually think no one will notice the details in panels like that, so thank you!
Ah, yay! Of course and your welcome! :D
January 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm
Leave a Comment
July 9th, 2011, 7:38 pm
HURRAY and yes I would be intrested in seeing the process of creating pages.
July 9th, 2011, 7:38 pm
No, thank YOU so much for making this comic in the first place! =D
July 9th, 2011, 7:40 pm
Yay~ welcome back~
July 9th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Wow thats... thats sad really... I feel sorry for her now.
As always beautiful comic please keep it up. Also I two would love to see how you do your work.
Edit (21:18): I just realize Hotaru and Hotarugari mean "Firefly" and "Firefly Catching" and Yumi's brother wanted to go Firefly Catching. Now dispite the obvious I believe I am about to ask a really stupid question. Is the reason she named the kitsune Hotaru in correlation to her flashbacks?
July 9th, 2011, 8:50 pm
YEAHHH!!! Welcome back! <3
More awesome pages *squeals*
@Question: I really want to see the process *u*
July 9th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Man, did I MISS seeing THIS update.
And I really like drawing. It's one of the three things I love doing. Sleeping, drawing and day dreaming BD
July 10th, 2011, 2:38 am
Yeah, I would like to see how a comic page is made. Then again, it might not answer any questions that i have or may have.
July 10th, 2011, 3:24 am
I am an artist and would definitely like to see how you make your pages. I'm going to be starting a comic of my own in the not too distant future. Well, I've already started on the plot, and once I finish working out the details I'll be able to start drawing for it.
July 10th, 2011, 6:08 am
I also noticed the change, but it's only a positive one :>
I love the last panel, you have an amazing talent of being able to draw still pictures as if they were in motion~
Also, your attention to detail is what makes me especially excited whenever there is an update ;u;
I draw too 8D though not quite as gorgeously and professionally as you XD but I'd love to see a process page :>
July 10th, 2011, 6:36 am
Yes, there is a change...and it's a GOOD ONE! XD Love you, Sal! <3
You know I loves to draw, I'm just lazy at drawing my comics. ^^; Anyway, I'd LOVE to see how you delevop a comic page! *v* Onegaishima~su~ :D
July 10th, 2011, 7:25 am
As a fellow artist it would be really nice to know your process of creating pages. And the change is subtle but it has a better affect. I like it =3
July 10th, 2011, 7:32 am
I'm an artist
Oh god I'd love to see your process ;v;
I'd also love to see a livestream of you working, but that's probably not gonna happen |D;;
I mean, you pages. Oh god this is just beautiful ;A;
July 10th, 2011, 9:39 am
ohh I am so happy to see new pages of Hotarugari~~
Maybe you already know but I am an artist too tehe >w</ and I must say that I really want to see the drawing process of hotarugari *v*
Also, I wanted to ask you this: do you speak japanese?ouo just wondering
July 10th, 2011, 9:53 am
You can see the difference a bit, though I have to say I like it :)
July 10th, 2011, 12:03 pm
haha, I see that door you put so much effort on XD very good job!
oh, and gosh, the last panel has got to be my favorite here. The angle of her face is just perfect. What a beautiful pause. It just gives a moment to take it all in. Just perfect.
and don't kill yourself, dude, these pages are killer hard to do I'm sure. Take your time and don't stress ;)
July 10th, 2011, 12:44 pm
You're back! :-----)
Haha, yes I'm an artist, as you probably know. I'd love to see the process of how you draw pages!!!
July 10th, 2011, 4:49 pm
I draw! Process page would be appreciated. >3
July 11th, 2011, 8:46 pm
Loving this story so much! I really love your buildings and scenery a lot, as well as your attention to composition.
I'm an artist too, and got into the manga-style art back in the 7th grade. I always love seeing WIP drawings, especially in the sketching stage, so seeing a WIP Hotarugari page would be cool! And I'm definitely excited about buying a copy of Hotarugari if it's printed!
July 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
I'm an artist, and I love your comic.
it would be great to see the process of creation for you Hotarugari pages. :D
July 12th, 2011, 10:55 pm
New reader! Yay! Hi, just finished reading everything. Its really wonderful! Random fun fact: My nickname is Kitsune and my roommate is Tanuki! So I'm loving that a Tanuki showed up! Now if only a Panda and Neko show up you'll have the whole sit of us! lol.
Also, I love how Hotaru's "tail" is actually his ponytail rather then a real tail. Love that about his character design.
Not an artist, but I love to enjoy other people's talent when they share it. :D
July 13th, 2011, 12:37 pm
Aw. Poor Yumi.
And the words "Printed copies of Hotarugari" made my whole month. Maybe the next month too.
I would like to see the process of how you draw these, though. I've actually been wondering. ^_^
July 14th, 2011, 3:41 pm
I would be very interested! I love to see how other artists draw because that can help me improve. (And I need improvement...)
July 14th, 2011, 7:45 pm
wut am i suppose to say to this ......
i love this book its amazing and funny and ironic i love it i cant wait for more
July 15th, 2011, 12:30 pm
That detail in the fifth panel.. It just blows my mind. DI
But yes, I would love to see the process for Hotarugari.. It might help when I start my own comic(s).. ;v; Please and thank you.
July 16th, 2011, 2:35 am
I am an artist too, yes. Everyone go check out my comic.
August 14th, 2012, 8:44 pm
I would never forgive myself. D:
Leave a Comment