Chapter 2 - 11
July 13th, 2010, 8:45 pm
------ Jump To ------
#59 - Chapter 2 - 01
#60 - Chapter 2 - 02
#61 - Chapter 2 - 03
#62 - Chapter 2 - 04
#63 - Chapter 2 - 05
#64 - Chapter 2 - 06
#65 - Chapter 2 - 07
#66 - Chapter 2 - 08
#67 - Chapter 2 - 09
#68 - Chapter 2 - 10
#69 - Chapter 2 - 11
#70 - Chapter 2 - 12
#71 - Chapter 2 - 13
#72 - Chapter 2 - 14
#73 - Chapter 2 - 15
#74 - Chapter 2 - 16
#75 - Chapter 2 - 17
#76 - Chapter 2 - 18
#77 - Chapter 2 - 19
#78 - Chapter 2 - 20
#79 - Chapter 2 - 21
#80 - Chapter 2 - 22
#81 - Chapter 2 - 23
#82 - Chapter 2 - 24
#83 - Chapter 2 - 25
#84 - Chapter 2 - 26
#85 - Chapter 2 - 27
#86 - Chapter 2 - 28
#87 - Chapter 2 - 29
#88 - Chapter 2 - 30
#89 - Chapter 2 - 31
#90 - Chapter 2 - 32
#91 - Chapter 2 - 33
#92 - Chapter 2 - 34
From the Author
July 13th, 2010, 8:59 pm
For such a simple page, this one took forever to draw. And um, if it's a little confusing, my apologies! The tanuki turned into a rope. >_<;
Oh, and just a side note: the leaves when he transforms is a symbol of his element. It's different for every species. The tanuki's element is wood, (ha ha, yes, it's an element in this story!) and the kitsune's element is fire, of course! ;D
Also, I've changed the title of the "Gifts" page to "Art" since I will now have art made by both myself and others up there. There's new stuff, so why don't you go check it out!
Thanks so much!
- Thank you! Thank you! ;//v//;
- Yay! Thanks a ton! <3 The elements of each spirit really doesn't have much to do with the main story, but it explains a few things about the characters and why they look and act the way they do. ^v^
- I really had trouble drawing the tanuki for this page, so I'm really glad you said that! >w< Thanks! You put my mind at ease.
Ha ha, a long, long time ago, Yumi was a completely different person. She was originally named Edith, she was British, and had long hair. Amazing how things changed over time! XD
- Ha ha, man, that would have been funny! I wish I could put that in! XD
- Oh good! I'm glad! ^v^ Cuz the tanuki is my favorite character in this comic. Er, besides Yumi, of course! Ha ha, and I don't like Hotaru. XD
- Ha ha, sorry! XD I know! I know! Not only is he cute, but he's also a really nice tanuki. Helps even kitsune in need!
And thank you dearly~! I really appreciate all the support! TvT
- Ha ha, Hotaru is only smart when he needs to be. XD And yes, Hotaru was very, very evil in the original story. In fact, he was going to be a bratty 6 year old who was two feet tall and whined a lot. I'm so glad I changed him. :)
Oh yeah, I'm not sure I'll make a 600+ fans picture, since the colored specials take a lot of time and this week I wanted to focus on drawing comic pages. Plus, you guys know I'm already super thankful to you, righ? <3
- Thanks! I love tanuki too! So chubba~! <3
And thanks so much for pointing that out about the text. You're absolutely right! I'll fix it so it's easier to read. Please don't hesitate to tell me if you find anything else that could be improved. ^v^
- Hee hee, thank you!
- Yay, I'm so happy you like him! He's a super nice and helpful guy. I can't wait to show you his human form! *v*
- Ha ha, I know! If I was the tanuki, I'd throw my head back and laugh as I ran away. Luckily for Hotaru, this magical raccoon is a nice guy. ;) Hmm, I'm sure a fox could eat a raccoon if it wanted to but in this comic they're on even terms.
Yay! I'm glad you like the element thing going on. At first I wasn't sure if it was even worth mentioning since it really doesn't have much to do with the story. I actually worked out their transformation system too, making sure there were limitations and rules and ways to break those rules. But I don't think they will ever be directly said in the comic.
Ha ha, Yumi won't be capturing any more animals and transforming them into humans in this comic, unfortunately, but I will say the tanuki does in fact join their team and turns into a human. :3
- Thank you! ;//u//; Yup yup! It's on the 21st! Tee hee, how did you know?
- Thanks! Yeah, I guess I'll do another thank you picture after all. But it'll probably be way later since I want to finish the next few pages first. Ha ha, yes, I work so much, I will probably faint one day. >_<;
And thank you! You say the sweetest things. ;u; And yes! that does sound good! Sins and Law... it sounds like it should be a title of an awesome comic! :D
- Super handy! He can also transform into a fur coat, ha ha. XD
- Yes! The tanuki wants to be his bud. Only... Hotaru dislikes tanuki. :0
- Really? I'm glad you like the style of the old art from Hotarugari. >w< I have more if you'd like to see.
And yay! I hope you post your shonen manga on SJ so I can read it!
- Thank you! There's a lot more pages to come, so don't worry about it ending just yet. ^v^
- Thanks a ton~!! <333 It makes me so happy to hear you enjoying my comic so much. And thank you so much for voting!!! I'm so grateful to you! ;u;
July 18th, 2019, 11:16 am
Leave a Comment
July 13th, 2010, 9:05 pm
Yay, an update :3 You deserved your nomination; the screentoning of your pages are very well done. I've already voted!
July 13th, 2010, 9:11 pm
I voted as well. Good luck to you. It's interesting to learn about the elements associated with each spirit.
July 13th, 2010, 9:12 pm
I like this page, your anatomy with animals is awesome *__*
And it's not confusing >u>!
Btw, d'aaw Yumi was british :'D
July 13th, 2010, 11:08 pm
I bet the rope won't be long enough >:3.
July 14th, 2010, 2:49 am
OMG, it went poof! and turned into a rope?! Too cute, Sal! I am loving this tanuki-chan!
July 14th, 2010, 3:56 am
(O A O).Wha wha wha....--.Oh well, Hotaru sure is a genius haha Well, let's hope that the rope is long enough ~~BTW. I saw the rest of arts . wow wow. Hotaru sure looked..evil~*giggle*.
EDIT: RED CODE *giggle* 600+ fans~~you know what that means right? *sparkle* *giggle*
July 14th, 2010, 6:47 am
I love the tanuki!! <333
And just one thing about the text here, the second panel, "Help" looks a lot like "Held" to me ><;; I confused the text to read "turn into something and held me up".
Otherwise, I just gotta say I LOVE LOVE LOVE this tanuki. <3333 CHUBBYYY
July 14th, 2010, 7:37 am
CYUTE LITTLE TANUKI=epic winness.
July 14th, 2010, 7:53 am
omg I love the tanukiii ;v; so helpful! <333
July 14th, 2010, 8:44 am
My god, thats a very nice tanuki if it just goes ahead and help Hotaru without giving it a thought. Can't foxes eat raccoons?
Anyway, I like that whole element thing you got going there, thats way cool. I do think of leaves every time a Tanuki transforms, but I also think of leaves with a kitsune, for some reason. I like the idea of fire better, tho, it goes with Hotaru's personality better than a leaf.
and it's not confusing at all, trust me, I could tell what was going on perfectly. (ha ha, now I'm thinking Yumi is gonna capture this tanuki and make it her animal-eared human slave just like Hotaru... if she isn't dead by now anyway. I doubt she will, but I like to think of what that tanuki would look like (: )
July 14th, 2010, 9:52 am
HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY! :D
and A ROPE! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?! =O
July 14th, 2010, 11:10 am
SAL!You are a GENIUS!what about....when you reach more 100 fans, you would do or a bonus page, or a thank you one?what about it?of course only if you want, I just tough about this idea.If you work to much maybe you will faint
(> _<)!aaaaand I need to say that you were very tallented even the past years!
Hmm...that made me think....let's see...around 9 years then(when started hotarugari).theeen.... I think maybe you were around the ages of 10-11-13 (maybe...) ...AHA!. . . . . . .
(@ A @) my head hurts.... where I was?*very dissapointed* I give up.
Sal-sama you are a mysterious genius!*bow*.When you will become a 6 stars manga-ka maybe you will appear like:
"S.A.L.:Sins and Law , the unseen manga-ka"
Yeah...that sound good!*nods* Hm hm.
July 14th, 2010, 12:51 pm
Well that's handy. :D
July 14th, 2010, 8:42 pm
The tanuki is his buddy~ :3
July 14th, 2010, 10:56 pm
If the Tanuki has fleas and transforms into a rope, then does the rope have fleas too? XD
Not sure were that thought came from, but anyways, nice page :D
July 15th, 2010, 5:01 am
You. read. my. mind.(@ w @)I was also thinking at the same thing! Now now, the title give you the storry already ...but after all is your nickname ~:D Oh oh, maybe you would be the main character :a >legendary< detective that goes by the name of SAL >W<!
EDIT:Yup, I am still lokin' again and again at the hotarugari art from the past ages.It's so shonen style like~!*sparkle* I am doing a (or rather trying to do) shonen style manga so I need to learn how to do shonen, so I look at your art O w O
July 16th, 2010, 10:43 pm
Awww, I didn't want this to end. ^^ Excited for next chapter. Tanuki is very cute.
July 17th, 2010, 6:23 pm
Oh my gosh!!
I love your comic so much. You draw the epicest emotions of all epic emotions. And your coloring is so pretty!
Mucho luvo~~ <3333
Oh, and I voted for you!!! c:
August 1st, 2010, 1:02 pm
Leave a Comment